Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the requirement of my Japanese level?
- Our Japanese courses are designed for beginners, so you do not need to have prior knowledge of Japanese.
- How much do I need to know about Japan?
- Learning about Japan is one of the goals of our program, so having prior knowledge about Japan is not necessary.
- I am a student. Am I eligible?
- Yes, you are more than welcome to join us! Anyone over 18 years old (inclusively) on the first day of the program can apply.
- Do I need a visa to participate in Kyo-Clue?
- Please note that one of Kyo-Clue program lasts for 12 days. If you need a visa for your stay in Japan, please get one by yourself. If you need any assistance for visa application, please let us know. We advise you to contact the Embassy or Consulate General of Japan nearest you for more detailed information. Meanwhile, there are 66 countries and regions for visa exemptions. See below.
About Our 12 Days Program
- When will the program start and end?
Participants arrive on the first and third Sunday of each month, and leave on Thursday of the following week. The program actually starts on Monday, and ends on Wednesday of the following week.
- How many people participate in the program?
- The minimum number of people is 5 and the maximum is 20.
- Is the whole program conducted in Japanese?
- Japanese classes are taught in Japanese, but the language used in cultural activities depends on the difficulty of the content and the Japanese level of the participants.
- What kind of accommodation will I get?
- You will have a dormitory-style room in a guest house. This is so to keep the program cost low. However, if you would like to upgrade or arrange your own accommodation, please let us know.
- Can I travel in Japan before/after the program?
- Yes, this program lasts for 12 days, and you can arrive earlier and leave later to enjoy Japan.
- Can I get airport shuttle service?
Yes, if you would like to have a comfortable journey from Kansai International Airport (KIX), you can hire Yasaka Taxi Kansai Airport Shuttle. It costs 3,500 yen to anywhere in Kyoto City.
Levels of Japanese
- Are there different levels in Japanese classes?
- No. We only have beginner classes at the moment.
- When is the application deadline for Kyo-Clue program?
- The application should be submitted at least one month before the starting date of the program.
- How can I pay?
- Payment is required one month before the beginning of the program in a single payment, either by credit card or Paypal.
- What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellation fees (percentage of the program fee) and the time remaining before commencement date of the program are as follows.
Prior to 30-15 days 14-3 days 2-1 days 0 day, or without notice Cancellation fee 50％ 70％ 90％ 100％
- Can I change my application?
- If you wish to change the period of the program, please let us know by 15 days before the beginning of the program. You will be charged 10,000 yen for the rearrangement. This rearrangement is valid for one year.
Living in Kyoto
- Is English useful in Kyoto?
- English is not very useful in Japan in general, but most people are kind and helpful. More importantly, you will have a chance to practice your Japanese!
- Can I use my mobile phone in Japan?
- It depends on your home phone provider, so if you bring your non-Japanese phone with you, please make sure that it works with Japanese 3G network. You can also rent a mobile phone once you arrive in Japan.
- Do you have any information on traveling in Japan?
- Please refer to the website below for general traveling information.